http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/a4christ/spunkyrella/pinit_zps3830e62e.png
                          STRENGTH           STYLE           RECIPES           ABOUT           CONTACT

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Breakfast of Champs


Two words: Protein Pancakes

drooling yet..?

Who doesn't love pancakes, especially when they are healthy and packed with protein! Funniest thing is that I was never a huge pancake person, the box of pancake mix in our pantry had expired in 2008, if that tells you anything ha!
Once I started this diet I craved the WEIRDEST things, and that included pancakes! I scrambled around to find a good HEALTHY recipe, but let me tell you it is definitely trail and error... I "nailed it" a couple of times haha! I started comparing recipes and finally came up with the PERFECT (and simple) protein pancake recipe!
The key ingredient here is the baking powder, that's what makes the pancakes nice and fluffy! 
As for the protein powder, it is optional -if you don't want it, don't add it- I fluctuate between 1 and 2 scoops depending on what I think I might want to eat that day so that I can save some of my protein numbers for my other meals.

     
Add water till the mixture is at the consistency you would like-- I prefer mine more liquidy, that way it makes more pancakes :)
What's great about these pancakes is you can pretty much top them with whatever you want!
No matter what additions I choose I always finish them off with the greatest creation ever Walden Farms Pancake Syrup this stuff is the amazing and its guilt free!
P.S. you can order it off Vitacost OR find it at Sprouts supermarket! 
PUMPKIN PANCAKES!!! I topped these with organic pumpkin puree and the Walden farms pancake syrup to indulge in my pumpkin obsession! You can also add the pumpkin directly to the batter! I finished these off with a little bit of cinnamon! YUM

For just plain ol' pancakes and syrup I use this great Smart Balance butter, it tastes so similar to the Land-o-lakes butter I am used to using but a lot "healthier"
1 tablespoon: 50cals//5gFat//0gCarbs//0gProtein
This is the what I like to call the pancake sampler haha! Two pancakes are just plain ol' pancakes, the middle pancake has 1 tablespoon of Enjoy Life mini choco chips mixed in and saving the best for last I put 1 tablespoon of peanut butter which just melts on the pancake and top that with bananas! I enjoy eating the bananas and strawberries with every bite, seriously SO delicious!

I definitely plan on using this recipe even after I am done with this diet, I like that these are so simple to make and a healthier alternative to traditional pancakes! I hope this recipe works for all of you and if you have any questions feel free to ask! The below nutrition facts are based off of the pancakes alone (with the 2 scoops of protein powder)-- so just make sure that you account for everything you add to your delicious protein pancakes! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover