http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/a4christ/spunkyrella/pinit_zps3830e62e.png
                          STRENGTH           STYLE           RECIPES           ABOUT           CONTACT

Friday, October 3, 2014

First OFFICIAL post

Happy Friday Everyone!
So I have been contemplating what to do for my first "official" post... Now its been like 3 weeks of over-thinking something so simple! Therefore here it is, my first OFFICIAL post!

Like I mentioned in my bio I am very into fitness and I have decided to challenge myself and do a NPC bikini competition! I am exactly 6 weeks out, I am still lifting heavy (4 sets of 15) and trying to "burn out" on my last set. I am on a diet that focuses on my macros (fats, carbohydrates and proteins) I use the app www.myfitnesspal.com to keep track of my numbers. I absolutely recommend this app to everyone even if you aren't on a specific diet. Understanding what you are putting into your body is important, it is like knowing the gas or oil your car needs to run; food is our fuel so make sure you are giving yourself premium!

My biggest struggles: my horrible sweet tooth and my love for carbs, give me all the pasta and bread!!! If you are a person who doesn't like sweets I am insanely jealous of you! Luckily there are some really amazing bloggers with great recipes of healthy baking and other great healthy dishes!
Last weekend I stumbled onto withpeanutbutterontop.blogspot.com and I love love love her blog! I have gotten so much inspiration from Samantha and have tried a few of her recipes which have all been AMAZING, and the best part is that she breaks down the nutrition facts! 

STYLE
As I was running around Tucson getting groceries for all these great recipes, I felt it necessary to be comfy! Since we are finally at a point that wearing long pants won't give you heat stroke I decided to throw on my thrifted overalls, with a crop and my "firkenstocks" Targets $20 version of birkenstocks, and my over the shoulder Old Navy bucket bag.

FAVES FROM THIS WEEK

Ezekial bread (found mine at Trader Joes) french toast with strawberries and Greek yogurt! I used her recipe again but modified mine just a hint, instead of making a "cream cheese" I just added a little bit of sugar-free vanilla syrup to my plain Greek yogurt and used as a dipping sauce! I LOVE breakfast/brunch and french toast is definitely a fave, so finding this healthy recipe was like striking gold! 
http://withpeanutbutterontop.blogspot.com/2014/06/strawberries-cheese-french-toast.html

Cauliflower Pizza one word YUM! I followed her awesome recipe but instead of a calzone I just left mine as an open face pizza! I also added turkey pepperoni, red bell peppers and fresh basil!
http://withpeanutbutterontop.blogspot.com/2014/05/cauliflower-veggie-calzone.html
I borrowed the picture off Samantha's blog because it makes your mouth water and I also ate mine before I photographed haha! I loved this easy to make pesto sauce! I served mine over zuccini linguini and it was awesome!
http://withpeanutbutterontop.blogspot.com/2014/07/chicken-avocado-pesto-pasta.html


1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover